Heya guys x
So recently I have jus started on pointe, and while I was getting ready for it I was going mad searching the internet for exercises to strengthen my feet so I don't injure myself on pointe. These are also good for weak ankles, if you are recovering from an injury, or just even for normal ballet it will help a lot! These are all fairly simple, easy and quick, most of which you could do under your desk at school or while doing homework etc. I found these really helpful, I hope you do too!!
1. Sit on the floor. Hug your knees into your chest in parallel, rise them onto demi pointe and keep changing them from pointe, demi pointe. Pointe, demi. Pointe, demi. I would suggest doing this exercise for about 5 minutes so that it really works the feet well. You can do this also really well sat on a chair.
2. Relevés and echappés - jus relevé non stop for a while!
3. Rises
4. Flex and pointe your feet - if any of you went to ballet class as a young child you may have heard of the terms good toes, naughty toes? If you haven't, good toes are pointed and naughty toes are flexed;)
5. Last one... Pliés. You might not think of this one but plié into a position where your heels are almost coming off the ground and hold it there... It actually works!!
Ok, so that's it for today:-( I hope you enjoyed!! Big thanks to my ballet teacher for teaching me those exercises 👍
Bye, Lover of Dance x
Question of the day - are you on pointe yet? If yes, how long have you been on for? If no, when do you expect to go on? Answer in the comments below x
No comments:
Post a Comment